Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Redesign

I have been at a stand still for a while and decided to redesign the Burbank branch. The new design is not a prototypically accurate portrayal of the line but does include more of the industries and will give a general feel for the line.

I'm now using an adaptation of David Barrow's Domino benchwork. I tried using 2" foam for benchwork, but found that it was very uneven and the track and road bed required too much shimming to get a level path. I'm still following the Free-Mo standard.

The track plan was adapted from Byron Henderson's San Jose Switcher plan. I had built an N scale version of this layout a few years ago and loved it. It is now the basis for the new 2X13 foot HO Burbank branch.

The industries and features that will be included are Zero Corp, Oroweat, Victory Blvd. crossing, North Hollywood depot, Terry Lumber, Red Barn Feed, and the Canoga Citrus Association Packinghouse.

I will be posting a layout drawing and photos soon.

No comments: